Sunday, April 14, 2013

Making a movie is like a stagecoach trip

OK Buckaroos,

Here we go again. I know it’s been awhile and a long road.

A couple of years ago I stood on the stage at The Paramount Theatre in front of nearly thousand Jerry Jeff fans and before I introduced Jerry Jeff that night for his 70th Birthday Bash show, I thanked the fans for their interest in my documentary OK Buckaroos and I also promised we would finish it and get it out. The making of any documentary must be fueled by passion – some might say a healthy dose of insanity - AND ARE FULL OF SURPRISES. Well I’m here to tell ya I’m still crazy, with ample passion and gratitude but we are not done yet.

Our film has screened well in numerous public and private settings but before we can go to an official release we still have work to do, although with a little editing clean-up, it’s primarily in the area of licensing and clearances for all the amazing archived scenes and the 29 songs I put in the film. I have assembled a new team with the sole focus of fund raising to finish, license and achieve the widest distribution possible and now we have asked for the fans help. Please spread the word and more importantly visit us on Kickstarter. Or if you like to talk to us about an equity position contact Beau Ross.

We are looking to a series of Sneak Previews across the US as part of our fund-raising and overall marketing efforts. If you know a theater in your area and feel strongly about the film showing there please contact us with that information.

Thanks for hanging in there. I’m thinking about my entry below quoting Truffaut from November 9th 2009!  "Making a movie is like a stagecoach trip. First you hope for a nice ride. Then you just hope to reach your destination."

So true.